This is a terrific winter soup that has just the right blend of spices to really get your taste buds going. It is sweet and savory and great for a brisk fall day.
Sweet and Savory Pumpkin Soup
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 onion, chopped or grated
- 2 – 15 oz cans of pumpkin puree
- 3 c organic chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tsp xylitol or stevia to taste
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 c coconut milk
- 2 tbsp walnut oil
- parsley to taste (optional)
- Sauté onions and butter in a large saucepan until translucent.
- Stir in the pumpkin, broth and all of the spices. Simmer for 15-20 minutes uncovered.
- Remove the bay leaf and transfer mixture to a blender (or use a hand held immersion blender).
- Add the coconut milk and walnut oil and blend.
- Pour back into the saucepan and heat. Do not boil.
- Serve and enjoy!